ALL production systems, conventional cage, aviary, pre-enriched, barn and free range are at risk.
Animal activists and vegans are working hard to take out one egg production system at a time and who is working for your business to help stop this? Egg Farmers of Australia are your advocacy organisation for the egg industry.
Egg Farmers of Australia is a small group of dedicated people who are working hard to ensure egg production continues and consumers have choice.
What do Egg Farmers of Australia do?
- Speak with members about issues impacting their business;
- Engage with advisers and ministers in relation to processes such as the standards and guidelines;
- Prepare information from research for submissions and attendance at government hearings;
- Submissions to government hearings cover a wide range of issues including conventional cages, animal welfare and biosecurity issues;
- Involvement in food authority meetings providing the latest biosecurity issues;
- Assisting with Salmonella Enteritidis work across states;
- Provide members a monthly newsletter; and
- The Egg Farmers of Australia board has four face-to-face meetings a year and meet monthly by teleconference all other months.
Please make contact to become a member to ensure the integrity of egg production remains. If you have not already joined Egg Farmers of Australia, please contact Melinda Hashimoto on 0434 999 600 for a membership form to be emailed to you.
The cost of membership is $55 inclusive of GST and a voluntary levy of 4.5 cents per laying hen based on your flock.